CultureShape, LLC is my alter ego, a home for my creative work. Working in traditional and emerging technologies, I leverage narrative and creative instructional design, professional writing skills, a “game brain” and a mythologist’s lens to capture and communicate my clients’ “stories.” My hope, always, is to educate and empower our audiences.
Drawing on my 20+-year career as a writer and creative instructional designer, my end products tell a story in words, visuals and/or interactivity. A generalist often brought into projects to make content accessible, I have worked in B2B and B2C environments, including healthcare, energy, academia, government, nonprofit and publishing.
- Writing: Journalistic and marketing styles, fiction and nonfiction
- Research: Primary (Subject Matter Experts/SMEs) and secondary (online/traditional)
- Data poetics: Metaphoric and visual treatments of complex concepts
- Creative instructional design: Traditional, accelerated and immersive learning
- Translation: Technical-to-accessible and often visual, deliverables
- Tri-lingual: SMEs, creative/production team, clients
- Technical: Mac/PC, MS Word Suite, blog editors, e-newsletter s/w
- Delivery methods: Synchronous and asynchronous
- Blog posts, feature/how-to articles w/ infographics, books
- Story/game-based eLearning, simulations and immersive online experiences
- Business cases, fables, scenario-driven activities, workbooks, journals
- Storyboards, creative treatments, visual concepts, design documents
- A/V scripts, websites, blogs, marketing collateral
- Facilitator/participant materials, administrative guides, job aids
- MA., Transformative Language Arts (psychology/writing), Goddard College
- 20+ years as a creative instructional designer and writer
- Author, Entrepreneurship (McKinley College, 2008)
- Author, The Woman Who (Lost and) Found Her Wings, (Wyngz Press, 2000)
- 2015 APEX award, first place, features
- 2015 ASBPE award, first place, features
- Member, Colorado Authors’ League and Boulder Media Women
- Member, American Society of Journalists and Authors (ASJA)
Partial Client List
- American Animal Hospital Association
- Colorado Department of Transportation
- Development Decisions International, Inc.
- Front Range Community College
- Johns-Manville North America
- National Renewable Energy Lab
- Sounds True Publishing
- The Centers for Spiritual Living
- The Gronstedt Group, Inc.
- The Regis Company and its predecessor, International Learning Systems
- Tycoon Systems, Inc.
- Verus Global
- Weston Distance Learning
- The Leadership Investment (f/k/a Women’s Vision Foundation)